Your pregnancy: 27 weeks
How your baby’s growing:
This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She’s sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby’s brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don’t bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.
Note: Every baby develops a little differently — even in the womb. Our information is designed to give you a general idea of your baby’s development.
How your life’s changing:
The second trimester is drawing to a close, but as your body gears up for the final lap, you may start noticing some new symptoms. Along with an aching back, for example, you may find that your leg muscles cramp up now and then. They’re carrying extra weight, after all, and your expanding uterus is putting pressure on the veins that return blood from your legs to your heart as well as on the nerves leading from your trunk to your legs. Unfortunately, the cramps may get worse as your pregnancy progresses. Leg cramps are more common at night but can also happen during the day. When a cramp strikes, stretching the calf muscle should give you some relief. Straighten your leg and then gently flex your toes back toward your shin. Walking for a few minutes or massaging your calf sometimes helps, too.
— Aku kene cramp hampir setiap malam since last week. Huhu. Mmg sakit giler ah. Last week aku kene, aku biarkan aje sakit tuh. Amek ko 3 hari..kene berurut kaki aku sbb muscle pain. Naik turun tangga..Masya-Allah..mmg azab giler. This week, bile kene jer aku teros kejut Mr Shah utk tolakkan kaki mase kekejangan berlaku. Mmg mase tuh jugak baik.. tadela merana 2-3 hari sbb sakit kaki. Klu takde orang nak tolakkan kaki, korang leh jugak tolak kaki korang kat dinding…
It may be the furthest thing from your mind right now, but it’s not too soon to think about family planning. You’ll want to have made some decisions about postpartum birth control before your baby arrives. If you’re considering a tubal ligation, be aware that most states require you to sign a consent form at least 30 days beforehand. So if you’d like the option of having the surgery during your postpartum hospital stay, don’t wait too much longer to discuss it with your caregiver. (You can still change your mind later.)
Surprising Facts: Symptoms you should never ignore
So many aches, pains, and strange feelings arise during pregnancy that it can be hard to decide what’s normal and what warrants a call to your doctor or midwife. To complicate matters further, some symptoms may be more or less urgent depending on your particular situation or health history and on how far along you are in your pregnancy. Here’s a rundown of symptoms that could be a sign of a problem. If you have any of these complaints, call your doctor or midwife immediately:
Before you reach 37 weeks:
• Pelvic pressure (a feeling that your baby is pushing down), lower back pain (especially if it’s a new problem for you), menstrual-like cramping or abdominal pain, or more than four contractions in an hour (even if they don’t hurt)
• An increase in vaginal discharge or a change in the type of discharge — if it becomes watery, mucus-like, or bloody (even if it’s only pink or blood-tinged)
At any time:
• Your baby is moving or kicking less than usual
• Severe or persistent abdominal pain or tenderness
• Vaginal bleeding or spotting, or watery discharge
• Pain or burning when you urinate, or little or no urination
• Severe or persistent vomiting, or any vomiting accompanied by pain or fever
• Chills or a fever of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher
• Blurred or double vision, or seeing spots or “floaters”
• A severe or persistent headache, or any headache accompanied by blurred vision, slurred speech, or numbness
• Any swelling in your face or puffiness around your eyes, anything more than mild swelling in your fingers or hands, or severe or sudden swelling in your legs, feet, or ankles, or a rapid weight gain (more than 4 pounds in a week)
• Severe or persistent leg or calf pain that doesn’t ease up when you flex your ankle and point your toes toward your nose, or one leg significantly more swollen than the other
• Trauma to your abdomen
• Fainting, frequent dizziness, rapid heartbeat, or palpitations
• Difficulty breathing, coughing up blood, or chest pain
• Severe constipation accompanied by abdominal pain or severe diarrhea that lasts more than 24 hours
• Persistent intense itching all over
• Any health problem that you’d ordinarily call your practitioner about, even if it’s not pregnancy-related (like worsening asthma or a cold that gets worse rather than better)
courtesy of : www.babycenter.com
On my 27 weeks,
1. Dah start rase baby moving frequently
2. Asyik nak kencing je.. kadang baru je pas kuar toilet, terpaksa masok balek… — mak aku ckp sbb kepala baby kat bawah tuh dok tekan pundi kencing tuh yg asyik rasa nak terkencing je.
3. Kadang2 susah nak bernafas especially bile tgh baring..
4. Jalan sket, or naik tangga turun tangga..dah termengah2
5. Sakit kat tulang bontots belah kanan… especially klu aku baring atas permukaan yg keras…
6. Kepanasan melampau smpi peluh mcm air, especially lepas makan.. bukan aku mengade2 tp mmg panas melampau2..klu kt opis ni..aku siap pi lepak server room sbb nak sejukkan badan..–server room punye suhu adalah sejuk melampau…besst gilak!!
7. Gatal2, especially kat tempat berpeluh..aku mmg tak leh tahannnn.
8. Tummy getting bigger –> huhu..of coursela kan, strecth mark can be seen already.. huhuhu.. tp aku ade jugak penyakit yg malas nak letak cream or lotion.. tp skang ni rase perut tegang sgt, before tido mesti mau pakai so tido adalah sedikit selesa.. — use the Palmer’s lotion and its soothing oil… selesa jer dgn aku cume aku kene adapt ngan bau cocoa butter sbb aku mmg dr dulu rase bau cocoa butter adalah bau lotion yg paling tak besttt skalik… now kene plak pakai..huh!!
9. Oh lupe.. aku sgt tak berapa selesa or maybe lena tido, asyik pusing kiri pusing kanan…kaki cramp lagi… ntahlah, so mmg effect sbb kat opis aku adlh terrrsgt mengantok….
10. Now.. klu aku tak makan pagi, perut aku akan bagi alert baik punye. Sakit gile kat ulu hati ni, even tgh tido pon dier menyerang jugak. Kena jugak amek sikit bekpes then baru leh tido balek….huhuhu
Setelah dirujuk, ni sumer adalah normal utk para ibu mengandung especially on the 6 mths above… Jadik kenalah menghadapinya jugakk.